Location autosuggest for forms and maps
Autocomplete for forms
- Worldwide or limit results to a specific country or area
- No nonsense, flat fee, predictable pricing
- Configurable live demo
- Codepen example / Detailed documentation
Location search for maps
- Use with any map you like
- Works in desktop, mobile, behind a firewall
- Save engineering time with a drop-in solution
- Straightforward integration
- integration tutorials/examples:
- Detailed documentation
Common Geosearch Questions
Please see the Geosearch demo page where you can play with a live version of the service and configure which language results should appear in, how many results to show, etc. In addition, you can find various examples in the OpenCage codepen account.
If you want to add geosearch to a map you can do that as well, please see our tutorials for integration in Leaflet, OpenLayers, or our MapLibre codepen example.
The full documentation (and code) is on GitHub in the OpenCage geosearch repository.
- fill in a form
- change the location of a map
- redirect the user to a different page
- use the information returned by geosearch in another API
It depends on what you need. While we do have many famous points of interest (POIs) we do not have all the restaurants and stores that Google has.
Our geosearch is a drop-in, cost-effecive tool if you want your users to be able to search for countries, states, regions, cities, towns, villages, neighbourhoods, etc.
Because there is not yet a comprehensive, open dataset of all the addresses of the world, and we don't want to spend all day answering support emails along the line of "why can't it find 123 My Street?" Sorry. We will get there but not in V1. If you need full addresses, streets, or postcodes this is not yet the service for you.