The OpenCage Geocoding API is a cost-effective service to convert high volumes of GPS coordinates captured by payment terminals into locations.
The last years have seen an explosion in innovation around point of sale. As payments go mobile, payment processors need to know where transactions happen. Real-time locations from mobile devices (GPS coordinates) need to be converted into addresses; a process known as geocoding.
Why payment processors chose OpenCage for geocoding?
- Funded by sales, not VCs - since 2013.
- Responsive customer support. Try us.
- Hundreds of customers around the world.
- Generous free trial.
- No credit card required at sign-up.
- Predictable cost: never any unexpected usage charges.
- No long-term commitment required. Cancel anytime.
We contribute 1% of our revenue to fund next-generation carbon removal technologies through our payment processor, Stripe (details).